Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
R&D Engineer / Supervisor
The company is a technology-based medical device innovator focused on POCT (Point of Care Technology) in IVD (In-vitro Diagnostic Products) industry and collaborates with the Department of Chemistry & Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) at the University of Waterloo.
Our unique biomedical sensor platforms based on nanostructures are innovative state-of-the-art solutions for medical applications, such as detection of cardiac biomarkers, viruses and some proteins else or aptamers in blood by using of fingertips blood to detect.
• Technical Platform
Nano Biosensor Platform, an innovative and disruptive solution that provides highly sensitive detection of analyze of low concentration.
• Current developing product: B-type Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) Testing System
Our Cardiac biomarker reader NanoBot, currently under development, is a point-of-care in-vitro diagnostic testing system that measures the cardiac biomarker b-type natriuretic peptides (BNP) in blood quantitatively to aid the diagnosis of heart failure. Our system utilizes nanomaterial-based sensor technology that can measure BNP concentration rapidly and accurately with one drop of blood.
The system operates like a blood glucose meter, where the patient simply pricks his/her finger using a lancet and fill the NanoBot test strip with finger-prick blood. Within a short time, the level of BNP will be displayed on the reader screen.
Job Responsibilities: Research & Design Engineer is an integral part of a team that will carry out daily Research & Design functions. The ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member is vitally important. The range of daily tasks will vary from highly technical to routine.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Research & Design for Point of Care medical technical-platform and products in IVD industry
· Follow the related regulatory such as ISO 13485 or Health Canada
· Operate automatic, semi-automatic or other equipment in the lab to ensure research & design quality
· Validation for research & design job
· Transferring the R & D result to pilot production
· Collect, record and summarize R&D results
· Provides feedback to company management
· Perform other duties as maybe required.
Job Qualification Required
· Canadian equivalent to Master or PhD degree related to Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or Nanotechnology
· 1 – 3+ years of experience in the industries of biotechnology, IVD or other medical devices preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
· Highly motivated and have the skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the work.
· Excellent leadership, communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills with software applications and good documentation practices.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year